Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I Spent My Day With Jack Reacher



I had so many things I wanted to get done today...Then I started reading Personal, the newest Jack Reacher book by Lee Child.  Everything else fell by the wayside.  Thankfully, I started reading AFTER my dentist appointment, so I did make it there.  I started it last night and finished it the afternoon.  That's how good it was.  I liked it better than the last two.

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst."  That's Jack Reacher's life motto, and it serves him well in this book.  "Personal," takes him to Europe to investigate a failed assassination attempt against a French diplomat.  While in Seattle, he is summoned to meet with an old army acquaintance and his help is solicited to pay off an old debt.  Of course, he goes.  Of course, his security clearance was never revoked so he can work this case.  Of course, he drinks lots of coffee.  The series may be a bit formulaic, but Reacher is one of a kind and the formula is often just because Reacher is a creature of habit.

As always, I enjoyed myself.  I don't understand the naysayers, Jack Reacher is truly a hero.  America is lucky to have him on her side :)

Also, in reading this book I decided that he is an INTJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment